Tuesday, December 05, 2006

two finals tomorrow + procrastination = one late night of studying

I just can not find the motivation. Everytime I start to study I fall asleep. I guess that is okay because maybe then I'll be able to stay up tonight. Besides studying is overrated right??

Last night two friends and I cooked for our girls bible study. We went to Wal-Mart to get the food and while we were checking out I was talking about how gross raw chicken is and how if it touches anything i get grossed out. Well the checker heard me and was laughing and double bags the chicken for me but then decides to throw some cubed cheese in with it...GROSS!!! Also, I noticed little pet peeves I have like when the chicken is suppose to be shredded and half of it is and the other half is cubed I go and shred the cubed chicken just so everything looks the same. (is that a little obsessive?)

on a side note, here are some things I learned in the last couple of days:
-never trust anyone that says that dry oatmeal is good! (i thought I was going to be sick)
-car doors can freeze shut when it is cold enough
-people here do not know how to use their utensils...you do not have to use your hands to get salad out of the serving bowl :)
-how to wear layers to stay warm
-helping your roommate find a route to work on a bike for two hours in freezing weather is cold no matter how many layers you put on (plus I think I may be getting a little sick from it too)
-no matter how much I clean things just magically seem to stay dirty

Well I guess I better get off and try to get motivated to study (for some reason I do not think that is going to happen!)

2 comments:

Jan said...

Sometimes you are too much of your mother's daughter. Not that that's a bad thing :-)

Anonymous said...

Becka,
I love your blog! The William's sence of humor is hours of entertainment for me. You are the greatest. I am so excited to get to know you better through your blog.

Let's see where to start.
Going on a date with a photo album of how to do things with family is great! You don't want to waist a bunch of time on the wrong person, you can get that all cleared up on the first date. Doug and I will help you with it.

Cooking, I don't do as much as I used to. I got burned out on it. It seems intimidating to some people, but once you get started and follow the recipes and have some sucess and can be really fun.
There is a lot of satisfaction when you serve something that people really enjoy. The problem comes when you start thinking I think that this would be better if I added this or left that out, sometimes those things that you don't like that are called for in the recipes are there for a reason and when you leave them out, it messes it all up. I have had my share of castophese, when I thought I had it all figured out, just let us know when your ready for your ready for your culonary debut.

I think that the sports field is an excellent missionary field. Emotions run so high during games, the ups and the downs. The disappointments and triumphs, God's spirit is so needed for you and everyone around you. When the older children were in sports it was discouraging to see how people acted toward each other. Fans, parents,teams showed a side sometimes that you couldn't have believed if you hadn't been there. The game becomes life and death, not fun, but extreme pressure, and at the end either depression and sorrow or arrogance comes over everyone. A Christion attitude and God's spirit would be such a breath of fresh air. A lot of teams pray at the beginning of the game, but don't seem to carry it through. But Doug and I were watching our Bronco's the other night, and one of the players got hurt pretty badly, a sprained neck, but they thought that it was broken for awhile. I did see football players on both sides praying as, we were and I thought that that was really great. We never know who is watching us and who we might be touching with our words, but if God is in our hearts and we are letting his spirit work in us, it will show and he will plant his seed.

I think the number one thing that I struggle with is letting God work in his time. I trust God also, or I think that I do. But often I find myself trying to fix things on my own and not really relying on him. I have prayed, and I've studyed and I have searched my heart and then I think that I should do something instead of letting God take care of it. I'm getting much better but have a ways to go.

Becka, you have to study. You can't be on the blog and not studying and here I am writing a novel, distracting you. Have you tried sleeping with your book across your forehead, and letting the words seep in while your asleep? I will keep you in my prayers that God will let you recall that you have learned. I hope that you did well on your sign language exam.

Hope to see you tonight.
Noreen