Sunday, February 18, 2007

So it has been awhile since I wrote so I thought I would blog a little. This weekend was so nice. I had a friend come down from Tech and she taught me how to decorate a cake. It was such a stress reliever (mom we are so taking these classes when I get home!) Also, this coming week will be the first week since the start of spring semester that i do not have any exams!! So far I do not have any quizzes so I am looking forward to this week!

After I got home from church, I looked at this website that someone told me about. It is a survey that christians guys from ages 12-over 50 took on modesty. It was interesting to read through. It seemed like every thing that is possible to cover they did and apparently almost all my clothes are a stumbling block to guys! I was shocked at this because I never wear anything to try and get a guys attention I mean I always try and make sure that everything is covered appropriatly. So half-way through this survey thing I was getting mad, then I realized that some of the guys commented on why they agreed or disagreed with the statements. It made me feel a lot better because they said what I always thought...it depends on how you act more than what you wear (unless it is a hoochie outfit). I also cheered up when at the end there was an open fourm thing and they talked about how them keeping pure thoughts is there responsibility. This summer I counseled for a week out at a church camp and the girls in my cabin were at that age of becoming interested in guys. We had some modesty problems with some of these girls, but as the week went on the girls adapted well. It is funny how it seemed like their self-esteem improved while wearing more modest clothes. Seeing this change in thier lives (even if it was just for a week) made me come to this conclusion...Every morning no matter what I am wearing I ask myself what my intentions are in wearing this outfit and the only outfits that make it out the door are the ones that I am happy in. Now I realize that no matter how covered up I am guys can still see my clothes as immodest. At home I have been approached by guys about what I have worn and even though I think I was being modest and I see every other girl wear something I make a conscience effort not to wear that outfit again or try to make it more modest. I also have respect for these guys because of the respect they show me. It is frustrating at times but when I put things in perspective I am thankful that the guys at home respect me that much. It maked me wonder though...after reading this survey do I have to go change my whole wardrobe or just remain wearing what I wear and make sure that my intentions are always pure? Should I do this and hope that if I am in the wrong that my Christian brother will lovingly confront me or should I just wear baggy shirts and pants for the rest of my life? Who knows.

Wow sorry I so went on a tangent there but I guess I will post it anyways since it is what is on my mind. Crazy how things work I honestly do not give much thought about modesty anymore but maybe I should...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoochie outfits?
Yes, baggy shirts and pants, definitely. They are in style ya know. And even if they aren't in style, you might as well start a trend, a trend starter that's cool.

D.